The Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District (THPRD) is recruiting for a Visioning Task Force. Applications are being accepted now through April 21.
THPRD needs a community-supported vision for the future of the District to influence programming, funding, and strategic planning. We are looking for diverse, multicultural, and energetic community liaisons to help get us there.
Community visioning is an opportunity for THPRD to listen to community members and work together to find better ways to serve. THPRD was formed more than 60 years ago, by people who had a vision for a better way to provide park services. Now it’s time to set the course for what the next 60 years will bring.
Task Force Members will:
• Commitment – Serve from May 2019 through May 2020
• Meetings – Attend a monthly two-hour meeting, on the first Thursday of the month starting June 6.
• Help Gather Community Input – Agree to volunteer at 10 engagement events, such as a community event like a picnic or market or speaking with school or organizational groups.
• Oversee the Public Input Process – Advise on engagement strategies to make better connections with people.
• Advise THPRD Leaders - Make recommendations to the THPRD Board of Directors on the Visioning Plan.
THPRD recognizes it will take time, energy, and commitment to serve as a voluntary member on the Visioning Task Force. We are offering members THPRD passes, in recognition of their contribution to this effort.
To apply or learn more, please visit www.thprd.org.
Formed in 1955, THPRD is the largest special park district in Oregon, spanning 50 square miles and serving about 250,000 residents in the greater Beaverton area. The district provides year-round recreational opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Offerings include thousands of widely diverse classes, 95 park sites with active recreational amenities, nearly 70 miles of trails, eight swim centers, six recreation centers, and about 1,500 acres of natural areas. For more information, visit www.thprd.org or call 503-645-6433.
|Date: April 4, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Click here for official release (PDF).