Facilities > Historic > John Quincy Adams Young House
ALERT: Public Health Alert - COVID-19: Facilities, programs playgrounds, courts, and fields are closed. >> More details
12050 NW Cornell Road
Beaverton, OR 97229
Directions | TriMet
The historic site hosts the annual Cedar Mill Cider Festival every October.
The JQAY House is one of the oldest surviving buildings in Washington County and is the last remaining above-ground resource associated with the cedar mill for which the community was named.
John Quincy Adams Young and his family traveled the Oregon Trail in the late 1840s, settling in the Oregon Territory. He built his historic house in 1863 on about a half-acre next to Cedar Mill Creek.
In 2005, THPRD acquired it, and the half-acre of land upon which the house sits, in a property exchange agreement with Cedar Mill Bible Church.